100 Facts Science is bursting with fascinating images, fun activities and exactly 100 amazing facts. Children will learn everything they need to know about the world of science and technology.
100 Facts Science contains key topics about scientific discoveries and inventions with incredible numbered facts. Each fact is accompanied by beautiful illustrations and photographs, which add visual meaning to the information for children. Up-to-date science books for children are an important foundation for learning throughout school life.
Essential topics covered in 100 Facts Science:
- Experiments, vital discoveries and inventions
- Scientists at work in the laboratory
- Computer science phenomena and what the future holds
Examples of 'I don't believe it' fascinating facts:
- Light is the fastest thing in the Universe, travelling at 300,000 kilometres per second. That's seven times around the world in less than one second!
- Science explains how animals such as birds or whales find their way across the world. Some detect Earth's magnetism, and which way is north or south; others follow changes in gravity.
- You could send and receive radio signals on the Moon, but not in the sea. Radio waves travel easily through space, but only a few metres in water.
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive include:
- Make a box guitar with a shoebox and some elastic bands. Cut a hole in the box, stretch the elastic bands across the hole and pluck them like the strings on a guitar
- Quiz question: What powers the supports that move jetways?
- Create an electrical circuit using a lightbulb, battery, wire, a plastic ruler, a metal spoon and card
Author: Steve Parker
Consultant: Peter Riley
Dimensions: 9 X 12
Format: Paperback with holographic foil