Through the wonder of three-dimensional ultrasound, mothers-to-be can literally watch their babies develop right before their eyes. Now in this fully illustrated and astonishing journey, you can witness a baby’s progress throughout the approximately 280 days of pregnancy. Inside you’ll find
• a day-by-day view of the normal course of a baby’s growth and behavior
• the current facts on how babies develop, when they acquire abilities, and how they respond to their environment
• advice on how to interact with your baby during pregnancy
• tips on keeping your growing baby safe in his or her surroundings
• essential information about pre-natal exams, routines, and procedures
From trimester to trimester, this reassuring volume provides expert guidance on experiencing a happy, healthy, and stress-free pregnancy.
Stuart Campbell, DSc, FRCP, FRCOG, is a pioneer of ultrasound diagnosis and has introduced many of the standard techniques employed in the antenatal examination of the fetus. He was the academic head of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at King's College School of Medicine, London, for 20 years and later at St. George's Hospital Medical School, London. He was the first president of the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology, and is the editor in chief of the scientific medical journal Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as the author of Your Pregnancy Day by Day. He holds many international honors, has held visiting professorships in the United States, and is an honorary fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Currently he is a consultant at the Center for Reproduction and Advanced Technology (Create Health), London.